The Squash Club (www.grangesquash.co.uk) has over 180 members playing regularly on 5 beautifully maintained courts. Whether you want a regular match with your playing partner or you want to test yourself against a variety of opponents including juniors, beginners, ladies or players from other clubs, Grange Squash Club has everything you need.
Events & facilities you can enjoy include...
- Social- with a staffed bar and a friendly atmosphere, you will rapidly meet new friends and playing partners.
- Mini-leagues- you play each of 4 opponents of similar ability once in a month and get promoted or demoted to play different opponents the next month. Prizes for most-improved player, most dominant player etc.
- Club night runs every Friday- turn up, sign up and play the various other people that show up regularly, round-robin.
- Competitions - The club runs 4 social competitions as well as the club championships. The social competitions are run on the American handicap system so everyone has a chance. The club championships are to find the best player at the club and the best female player. Each of these competitions finals runs as a social with trophies & prizes presented after the matches, followed by food and music for all the supporters.
- Teams- the club runs mens and 1 ladies team in the East of Scotland leagues. Training is every Sunday and matches with our rival clubs teams take place week nights.
- Youth - The club has a vibrant junior section so kids and young adults from 8-18 years are welcome.
- Guests are most welcome.
- Racquet Ball available as well.
- On-line court booking means you can arrange your games without leaving your chair, 24 hours/day & 7 days a week.
The Grange Open is the most widely known competition, the O'Brien Bucket bucket and BMI cup are also hotly contested and great fun as well.
Please visit GrangeSquash.co.uk to get a better flavour of what the club has to offer. Email:email@example.com, phone the club (0131-332-2148) or pop in to see the facilities first hand and get more information.